DUE TO COVID-19 THE LANDFILL IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC AT THIS TIME
Free landfill days, traditionally held in late April and early May are tentatively postponed to the May 30th and June 6th. You must be a City of Superior resident to participate.
Dumping (cost per ton on acceptable items):
Gate rate minimum charge on a load under 400 lbs is $10, otherwise it is $54/ton.
- Yard waste – Leaves and grass clippings (no charge). Customer must dump debris into compost pile and place empty bags in the trash receptacle.
- Brush (no commercial) - $8 a pickup load / $16 for pickup and trailer
Tires - Residential Rate
- Without rims $5 each
- With rims $6 each
- Tires - Commercial $235/ton
- Tires – Semi-truck/trailer $235/ton
- Recyclable (clean/dry) - $20
- Non-recyclable (wet/dirty - $25
To be considered recyclable, mattresses and box springs must be relatively clean and completely dry upon arrival at landfill.
Larger quantities or businesses should contact Goodwill Industries in Duluth (218-722-6351) for options.
Asbestos & Asbestos-Containing Items
Advance notice and approval is required prior to delivery of asbestos/ asbestos-containing items to the landfill. Call the Landfill before delivery.